Wednesday, April 3, 2013

MP3 ID3 Tags Automatically Added, using filename via drag and drop. - CodeProject

ID3 Tag edit in iTunes
ID3 Tag edit in iTunes (Photo credit: jutecht)
 Introduction

 In any case, this project was done to meet a need that I have had. Whenever I rip CDs or download them from the web (oh my...), I always take the time to name the file in a way that is meaningful to me (i.e. "Artist - Song Title.MP3") but media player, winamp and most popular MP3 players require more. They require the ID3 tag to contain the information as well. It is not always convenient or desirable to pull the information from the web, so I decided to write an app that utilizes the information from the filename to populate the ID3 tag.

MP3 ID3 Tags Automatically Added, using filename via drag and drop. - CodeProject
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: