Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Uploading and downloading images from WCF in Silverlight

Silverlight LogoImage via WikipediaI've been trying to figure out how to load animated gifs from a server into a silverlight app. I found two ways to do it. One way is without a web service where you just bundle the images up with the app and the app loads them all during run time and displays them one a time. Another option is to use a web service to stream the images to the app. This works much faster. The example I gave is still an example where the app and the images folder are still on the same server. This works but I'd like to see if it still works if the images are not on the same server as the app. I'm going to just be glad I got this far for now.


Uploading and downloading images from WCF in Silverlight
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: