Friday, September 25, 2009

IDL Programming Project

I was informed that I will be working on some IDL code at work so I looked up some information on the Net to see what I need to know.

1. IDL means Interactive Data Language
2. IDL is vectorized, numerical, and interactive, and it is commonly used for interactive processing of large amounts of data (including image processing). The syntax includes many constructs from Fortran and some from C. (From Wikipedia)

It makes sense that this would be a part of remote sensing because its good for image processing! Score! It's syntax is based on Fortran and C which I already have familiarity with! This will make it easier to learn.

Source
IDL (programming language)
Lecture 2: Programming in IDL
Running IDL Programs
IDL (Interactive Data Language) Installation

No comments: